True Tales From The Classroom: What Is Freedom?
Several weeks ago, I asked my seventh grade history students to respond in writing to the following, which was written upon the chalkboard:
What is Freedom?
(Ten answers are reproduced below verbatim.)
- freedom is life for people and be free and bote [vote] for your freedom.
- Freedom Is so paverful thanks to Martin luther King that free all the slaves.
- Freedom is when your out of school.
- It means to have no Problems.
- Freedom is when you go to college
- You get your rights. It,s an act
- Freedom is people that didn't have knowlede to do something.
- Freedom is liberty
- freedom is the world and also the people living right.
- To be out doors and to be able to go to places and when your not in reciving home or jeil.
Note: This class was not a beginning English class for recently arrived children from other countries.
Tomorrow: Some excellent answers from the same class.