Friday, November 19, 2004

EdWonk Makes A Career Move

Expanding Horizons
It is well known that classroom teachers don't make a lot of money. So to help make ends meet, I've been doing a little moonlighting. I have signed-on as a crew member of a Pirate Ship.

Due to my ineptness with the weapons of the Pirates' trade, I have been given the job of Ship's Carpenter. This means that I get paid to use sharp tools and hammer stuff. Besides a ration of GROG, this particular position carries another nice fringe benefit, as will be seen later.

Our Cap'n, The Pirate, has given me my first task. It is to cut a portrait of our vessel's lovely mascot into the ship's prow. This is one job I am most happy to do, as it is assumed that the smiling model will be spending a large amount of time in the Carpenter's workshop. Please
click here to view my assignment.

I think that this is what is meant by the term buccaneer. I am looking forward to a small share of the booty.