Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Nightmare School Administrator

I've worked for a few awful school administrators during my years of classroom service, but I've never worked for one as terrible as the one who plagues the teacher who writes over at Life in the Mobile Learning Cottage. Consider taking a look at part I, part II, and part III.

I can certainly sympathize with her. A good school administrator can make classroom teaching a delight. A bad one can turn what should be the most fulfilling job on earth into little more than a
McJob.

Sadly, the hiring of all too many school administrators is based more upon their political connections rather than their curricular expertise and leadership abilities.
---------------------------------
Entries to this week's edition of The Carnival Of Education are due tonight. Get details right here; see our latest posts over there.